I do not hold a position on any of these based on my own study, but I do recognize the potential catastrophic effects of not keeping an eye on these nine processes:
- Acid oceans (pH levels).
- Ozone (depletion).
- Fresh water (depletion).
- Biodiversity (extinction).
- Air cycles (nitrogen and phosphorus).
- Land resources (depletion).
- Climate control (change).
- Aerosol (loading).
- Synthetic chemical (pollution).
I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you the clear remembrance of the Creator … One blade of grass or one speck of dust is enough to occupy your entire mind in beholding the art with which it has been made.
– Basil the Great (329-379)
Source: Hexaemeron, Homily V, “The Germination of the Earth”